Happy Monday! I hope everyone is having a happy, healthy day so far.
Last weeks’ meals were delicious! The only change that I made was that I ended up cooking the chicken on my George Foreman instead of the crock-pot—equally easy and equally delicious.
I am going to share the twice baked baby red potato recipe with you because I made some healthy changes to the original recipe! The original recipe is from http://www.tasteofhome.com, and I’m sure the original recipe is delicious too. So here it is:
• 12 small red potatoes (thoroughly washed)
• 1/8 cup butter (I used Earth Balance)
• 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup crumbled cooked turkey bacon
• 2/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon paprika
(The italicized items above are the changes I made to the original recipe. I used less butter than the recipe called for and chose to use Earth Balance. I used fat-free plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I also used turkey bacon instead of regular bacon.)
• Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until tender. Drain water.
• When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
• In a large bowl, mash the potato tops and pulp with butter. Set aside 2 tablespoons each of cheese and turkey bacon for garnish; add remaining cheese and turkey bacon to potatoes. Stir in the Greek yogurt, egg, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into potato shells. Top with remaining cheese and turkey bacon; sprinkle with paprika.
• Place in an ungreased baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until heated through.
These potatoes were FILLING!!! We had chicken with marinara and parmesan with the potatoes, but next time I would just serve them with a salad or some steamed veggies. It was way too much filling food. I had one potato and one small piece of chicken and was stuffed! The only thing this meal was lacking was veggies—that will be fixed next time!!
Do you guys have any fun plans for Valentine’s Day??
Stay tuned for another post this week on juicing!!